This step-by-step article on how to add an international phone number on WhatsApp to stay connected with your friend or family member residing away from your country.
Currently, WhatsApp has become the most popular communication tool which has an engagement of 2 billion users in over 180 countries. You can use WhatsApp to send and receive messages, photos, and documents and take voice and video calls among your friends and family across political, geographical, or economic boundaries by using an internet connection.
If you are having a friend or a family member residing away from your country, how you can connect with him and take an overseas call through WhatsApp. First, you have to add his international phone number. But how you can do that? Many people face this issue. Read this step-by-step article on how to add an international phone number on WhatsApp to stay connected with your friend or family member residing away from your country.
How to add an international phone number on WhatsApp
You can follow the following steps to add an international phone number on WhatsApp.
- First, login to WhatsApp from your device.
- Now tap on New Chat on the Chats tab.
- Tap New Contacts on the select contacts page. This will direct you to the address book of your phone.
- You can also directly open the address book of your phone to add the international number.
- When you need to add an international number, enter a plus sign (+) at the beginning.
Then enter the country code and followed it by the full phone number of the contact.
- Please note that if you need to make a call to another country, first you must enter the country code which is a numeric prefix that needs to be entered before the full national phone number. If you do not know the country code you can find it through the web.
- Let’s clarify this with an example. Just think that you need to take a call to the following phone number.
Country Code: 1
Area Code: 305
Phone number: 123-7654
Then the phone number should be as follows: +1 305 123 7654
- Make sure that you have removed any leading 0s or special calling codes to the phone number.
- If you add a local (within the country) phone number to the address book of your phone, enter the number in the same way that you are calling your contact from the phone.
- If you add a phone number in Argentina (country code “54”), then you should enter a “9” between the country code and the area code. You must remove the prefix “15”. So that the final phone number will have total digits of 13.
For example, it should be as follows. +54 9 XXX XXX XXXX
- In the same way, if you need to add a phone number in Mexico (country code “52”), then you have toad “1” after “+52”, even if it is a Nextel number.