This article is on all you need to know on how to share Youtube video on Zoom meetings.
As you all know YouTube is a free video-sharing website that you can use to watch online videos. It was originally created in 2005 and now it has become one of the most popular websites on the web. Currently, viewers of Youtube are watching more than 6 billion hours of videos on it every month.
On the other hand with this pandemic situation now Zoom has become one of the leading video conferencing platforms in the world. You can use Zoom to virtually interact with your clients, colleagues, co-workers, students, or even with your families.
So, no matter what your profession is, there are lots of things on Youtube that you may wish to share with your participants.
Can you play a YouTube video on Zoom?
Actually, Zoom does not have a direct feature to view Youtube videos. But you can use the Share Screen feature to play and share your preferred Youtube video with your participants.
How to share Youtube video on Zoom with sound?
To share a Youtube video follow these steps.
- First, open your Youtube video in a web browser. Then pause it. Now the Youtube video is on your desktop.
- Then log in to your Zoom meeting from your PC or Mac. Make sure that you have logged in as the Host.
- Now click on the Share Screen icon which appears at the bottom of your Zoom meeting window.
- You will see a pop-up window. Now under the Basic tab, select the browser tab where you see a window that shows your Youtube video.
- Make sure that you have clicked the check box in the lower-left corner that says Share sound. This is very important.
- Next play the Youtube video. Now all the participants of your Zoom meeting can watch and hear the video and audio of your Youtube video.
- If you want to stop share Youtube video on Zoom being sent to the meeting, click on Stop Share at the top of your meeting screen.
- Now say if you want to stop sharing the audio, but need to continue presenting, then you can simply click on the three dots which say more. Then, from the menu deselect share sound.
This could be useful in some circumstances where you just need to cut the sound of the video.
That’s it. Now you know how to share Youtube video on Zoom.
More Zoom Guides