Learn how to schedule a Zoom meeting and ensure that you will never be late for any of your meetings.
If you can keep a schedule of your meetings, then it would be a surefire way of ensuring that you will never be late for any of your meetings. Zoom, one of the leading video conferencing platforms in the world also added this in-built feature to its users. Now you can schedule a one-time or recurring video conference call. Further Zoom will add these schedules to its’ participants calendars as well. So in this article, we thought of letting you have an idea of how to schedule a Zoom meeting.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting
- First open the Zoom app on your Windows PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Now select the “Schedule” button on the home screen.
- This will show you the Schedule Meeting Screen.
- Now, set the following related to your Zoom meeting
- Name of the meeting
- Date and time of the meeting
- Meeting duration
- If your Zoom meeting is a recurring meeting, then check the box next to the “Recurring Meeting” listing.
- When you schedule a Zoom meeting, please take a note of the Time Zone that appears in the bottom-right corner of this screen.
- Now set your “Meeting ID”. If you are in a personal meeting, then we recommend you to use your Personal Meeting ID due to security issues. If you are in a business meeting, then you can leave “Generate Automatically” as it is. Further, you can have an additional layer of protection by requiring a meeting password for the Zoom meeting.
- Now, set the audio and video settings.
- This will allow you to set the host’s and the participant’s video to be turned on or off at the time when they join the meeting.
- Further, it allows you to set the communication method. That is whether you are using telephone, computer audio, or both of them.
- You can also send the meeting invitations and reminders to Google Calendar, Outlook, and other calendar platforms.
- If you prefer to have a more secured video conferencing, then click on the arrow next to “Advanced Options”.
- Enable these settings to make Zoom more secure.
- Mute participants on entry
- Check the waiting room option.
- Check Only authenticated users can join: Sign in to Zoom option
- Further, disable the following settings.
- Uncheck the join before host option.
- You can also do the following while you schedule a Zoom meeting.
- Set the meeting to be recorded automatically.
- Add an alternative host. As the name suggests, an alternative host has the in-meeting permissions as that of the host. The main difference between a co-host and an alternative host is that an alternative host can start a scheduled meeting where a co-host cannot start a scheduled meeting.
- Once you set your settings, click on the “Schedule” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Now you have scheduled a Zoom meeting. The relevant details will be sent to your selected calendars.
That’s it. Now you know how to schedule a Zoom meeting.