Learn how to Screen Share a PowerPoint Presentation in Zoom and properly present PowerPoint slides in Zoom.
Today, most of the meetings in organizations are conducted remotely, through video conferencing platforms like Zoom. In general most of the time, you are in a need of presenting a PowerPoint Presentation to your audience. So how we can do that in Zoom? You can present your presentation by using the Screen Share feature available in Zoom. So today we thought of go through how you can screen share a PowerPoint presentation in Zoom.
Grant Access to Screen Share a PowerPoint Presentation in Zoom
If you are hosting a meeting, then you can easily share your screen without any issue. However, if you are not the host, and you have joined a meeting hosted by another party, then you have to request permission from the host to share your screen.
However, we recommend hosts disable the screen share feature, for their participants for security reasons. If you are not the host, then discuss with your host in advance and request permission from him to share your screen during the Zoom meeting. Zoom allows hosts to enable this feature to its participants at any time while conducting the meeting.
If you are the host and if you receive such a request from your participants, then how we can enable this feature for them. This is what you have to do.
- When you need to enable this option, click on the up arrow next to “Share Screen” in the bottom toolbar.
- Click on “Advanced Sharing Options” from the menu.
- This will pop up the “Advanced Sharing Options” screen.
- Click on the bubble next to “All Participants” that appear under the “Who Can Share” section.
Now all participants in the meeting can share their screens.
Screen Share a PowerPoint Presentation in Zoom
Now let’s see how you can screen share a PowerPoint presentation in Zoom.
- First, you have to open your PowerPoint presentation.
- Now go to your Zoom meeting.
- Next click on the “Share Screen” option to appear in the Zoom toolbar.
- This will show you the “Share Screen” window.
- Now Select the PowerPoint presentation window that you need to share.
- If you have integrated sounds into your PowerPoint presentation, then check on the “Share Computer Sound” option to share your computer sounds.
- If you have integrated video into your PowerPoint presentation, then check on the “Optimize Screen Sharing for Video clip” option.
- Click on “Share” to start sharing your screen.
- Thereafter put your PowerPoint presentation into slide show mode by selecting the “Slide Show View” icon at the bottom-right corner of PowerPoint.
This will screen share your PowerPoint presentation in Zoom with your audience.
Please make sure to select the PowerPoint window option instead of sharing the entire screen option in the Share Screen window. This is because,
- If you select to share the entire screen, the downside is that everyone who will be sharing out your screen will be able to see everything happening on your screen. As a result, the audience will be not entirely focused on your presentation.
- If you select the PowerPoint Window in the Screen Share screen, then it will only share the PowerPoint presentation. Here, even though you jump in-between applications, the attendees won’t see anything apart from the PowerPoint presentation.
That’s it. Now you know how to screen share a PowerPoint presentation in Zoom.